I Will Not Choreograph The Next Destruction

I Will Not Choreograph The Next Destruction

Sunday 21 August 2016

Cocobat - Tsukiookami (1998)

Cocobat - Tsukiookami (1998)
Boom. And we're back, baby.

1998, Cocobat release this monster EP. Yes for those who have seen the track listing, they do cover Gastunk. Killer, dude. They also get a guy by the name of Jacky Ohtaka to shred his balls off over those tracks. No joke, I think Jacky may have actually shredded his balls off. RIP Jacky Ohtaka's balls.

Now. as far as I can tell. This is the first (and only?) record to feature the guitar wizardry of Kazunori Mizoguchi. Who is he, you ask? He only played in a band called NUNCHAKU.
Fucking killer, dude.

Mizoguchi really brings a spice to Cocobats sound. I mean, yeah. It's still typical Cocobat. it sounds like Earth Crisis punching Metallica while Pantera watches in a video shop owned by the entire late 80s NYHC fraternity, in a shopping district co-ordinated by Sepultura. Did any of that make sense? Probably not. Do Cocobat sound like any of those bands? Not really.What was the point of writing it? I dunno, dude. I just dunno.

Anyway. Killer EP, Kazunori Mizoguchi we hardly knew yah. Check out his website here: http://kazunorimizoguchi.tumblr.com/

Get hell-bent (fo' leather)


http://www115.zippyshare.com/v/XfgZfsLC/file.html


No comments:

Post a Comment