I Will Not Choreograph The Next Destruction

I Will Not Choreograph The Next Destruction

Sunday 11 May 2014

Child Abuse - Bring It! (Mutha Records 1983)


Child Abuse seem to be another obscure hardcore punk group who released one record and then dropped off the face of the planet. Based in New Jersey, which had a knack for offensive punk bands, they only released this 7’. Musically, this is pretty much very lo-fi U.S. hardcore. If you are a fan of the more 'thrash' sound, such as early D.R.I. as well as the more straight-up punk rock-bordering on hardcore styles of the Adolescents, you may dig this.

The self-titled track has what would become a stereotypical 'pop punk' chord progression, albeit completely out of tune. With a scratchy lo-fi guitar sound, funny lyrics, and a good use of melody, this Is a pretty rad track.

Live Too Fast and Life of Them are typical hardcore tracks, and that my friends, is a great, great thing.

I'm Lazy, dear lord. THIS. IS. AMAZING. From the morose and out of tune intro to the hellish cacophony of screamy vocals and fast as shit guitar playing, this tune is fucking rad.

E.S.T. takes another typical hardcore approach, with the mid paced, more punk rock verse and a fast as shit hardcore chorus.

We Don't Want You Hanging Around is yet another fast hardcore track but it does have some great vocals towards the end!

Unfortunately, you'll have to download each track separately. First world problems are a bitch, ain't they?

Child Abuse
Live Too Fast
Life of Them
I'm Lazy
E.S.T.
We Don't Want You Hanging Around

"My hairs a mess, I smell like shit, you burnt my legs and you cut my wrists, burnt my skin, destroyed my mind"

No comments:

Post a Comment